Friday Faves: 23rd January 2015

Guys look at the title. Yes that's right, I've stuck to it, Friday Faves is back for the second time running and I'm prouda myself *gives self pat on back*.

Even though it's only been a week, to my own surprise, I've found it easy to think of new favourites, new things I'm obsessed with and new things I want to share with you guys.

Let's go...

1. Black Padded Bomber Jacket



I think I've found my new favourite item of clothing. Lately I've been stuck in a bit of a fashion rut - we all get it from time to time - and I've been itching to switch up my wardrobe from "classy" and fucking uncomfortable to cool and comfy. Of course it still remains very much monochrome but cigarette trousers, heeled boots and blazers have been brushed aside (for now) and in its place; slogan tees, dare I say it, trainers and leggings - yes I know, have become my new staples. So yeah, this little number has been glued to me and to top it off, it doesn't have 1 pocket, not even 2 pockets, but three motherfucking pockets - Life - 0, Bethany 1.



2. EOS Strawberry Sorbet Lip Balm





We all know how much hype this "ball" had way back when, but being the strong, independent woman I am, I never caved into the craze. However, for Christmas I was gifted this from my Secret Santa at school and deep down I was so fucking happy. My Secret Santa must have secretly known that I was dying to try it, I mean c'mon its spherical, who even thinks of making a spherical lip balm?! EOS I love you.




3. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser




I've blabbed about this "Teenage Skin Saviour" before (you can read my blog post here) and for a while now I've been religiously using it twice a day. It's so simple yet so effective and a must have for all skin types. Paired with a Liz Earle muslin cloth, this cleanser leaves your face feeling refreshed, make-up free and cleansed to the max. If you haven't tried this yet, I seriously recommend it, just pop into your local Boots and give this a try!



4. Smoothie Maker




"Oh how cliché Bethany" I hear you mutter. Yes I know It's January. Yes I know I sound like every other teenage, female, instagram user who is on a bit of a "health kick" but so what. Smoothies are fucking fab and don't lie, you kinda want to make a smoothie now, don't you, don't you. I've swapped my morning cereal for a blend of every-kind-of-berry-you-can-think-of and soya milk for a much needed 7 o'clock boost. So here's to a healthy me *raises sports bottle full of berry nice (see what I did there) smoothie*.



5. Zumba


Just me doing a quick stretch

I know how ironic this sounds, considering that I've just expressed my undying love for smoothies and fitted into a fitness-mad teenage girl stereotype, but I promise I'm not. My mum encouraged me to lose my Zumba virginity (don't worry, those words never actually came out of her mouth - thank god) last Tuesday and dragged me along to one of her work colleague's Zumba classes. You know, the ones that are filled with middle aged, menopausal women where I was the only one not sporting some platinum highlights, yeah that kind of Zumba class. Despite my initial doubts, it was great! Although I did come out looking like a polished tomato and struggled to breathe, but apart from the initial nauseous feelings, sweat dripping from every orifice of my entire body, I loved it and I'm defo going back next week. 

And with that sweaty image of me in your minds, today's Friday Faves is over.

Bethany

XXX

bethanyemerton

No comments:

Post a Comment