Disappointing Products



I mean c'mon, who likes wasting money on products, especially make up related, that don't fit the bill, don't do what they say on the tin or are just generally rubbish, not me! The following products and I, lets just say, didn't quite make the cut and weren't what I was expecting.

Rimmel London Instant Tan Sun Shimmer in Medium Matte

If you like looking dirty and smelling like a tin of old biscuits, then this is for you. I purchased this on a whim and it's dirt cheap (literally) price made me think "Why the hell not?!" - oh but I was so wrong. The contents itself should not be called "medium", "outer space black" would've been a more true-to-colour description. Even though I held it the correct distance away (20cm), it still managed to go patchy and was almost impossible to rub in, so much for the "natural and even finish".

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer in 002

Uh oh, looks like Rimmel aren't doing too well today...
This 5 in 1 primer which claims to not only smooth your face but also to "resurface, brighten, mattify and protect" just didn't agree with my skin. For prolonging my foundation, I can't really say, my skin gets so oily that by lunchtime most of my makeup has practically melted off my face! However this did break me out (big time) in spots and is probably a product that'll fall under the "marmite" category - you'll either love it or hate it. You can tell by just looking at the ingredients that it'll be a big no no, over 40 ingredients that, quite frankly, I can't pronounce! Hell no.

Rimmel London Wonder'Full Mascara with Argan Oil in 001 Black

Okay so Rimmel seriously aren't doing too well today.
You may have seen or heard of the hype a while back about the first ever mascara to have argan oil in. One that should nourish your lashes whilst giving them a fuller and more defined look. Every drugstore had this on offer - now I know why they were so desperate to get rid of it! This was really nothing special. If you just need a basic everyday mascara that "does the job" then fine, but for someone who wants volume and length, this just wasn't for me.

Topshop Lipstick in Nevada

Now this I'm not so sure on. The nude colour itself is gorgeous and an all-year-round type of shade, however its very hard to wear. Problems with wearing nude toned lipsticks, unless you're of a darker colour, is that it makes you look like you have foundation lips - ew. Paired with a darker lip liner and applied sparingly, it looks fab, but otherwise steer clear if you're unsure. All in all, the lipstick is of good quality, much like most of Topshop's makeup range, and doesn't dry out your lips - bonus!

Thank you for reading this post!

What are some of your disappointing products?

Bethany

XXX

bethanyemerton

No comments:

Post a Comment