Review - E.L.F Flawless Finish Foundation

As promised previously, this will be one of many reviews to come. This Flawless Finish Foundation was from my first order from E.L.F. 
When ordering make up online, it's hard to know what colour to choose as names and photos vary from shop to shop. I guessed and chose "sand" which happens to be the perfect colour. 

On to the actual review now. At first glance, the bottle is of a sleek and minimalistic glass, cuboid shape with a square black lid. The E.L.F. logo is engraved on the top of the lid and printed on the side of the bottle. Like most foundations it has a pump applicator. 



The foundation itself is a satisfactory semi-matte finish that is oil free. I personally prefer not to use oily foundations as my skin is fairly oily itself, so this foundation is perfect for me. It claims to be a "Flawless Finish" which it is for a few hours, then after a while of it being on my face, especially at school, it seems to wear off slightly. When used with E.L.F.'s Mineral Infused Face Primer in Clear, the pair work in-sync and really well together. Giving a very equal coverage, the Flawless Finish Foundation evens out skin tones and does exactly what a foundation should. As it contains an SPF, SPF 15 infact, I would suggest not to use it when taking photos with flash as the SPF bounces of the light, like it would bounce off the sun. 
Overall, I would rate this product an 8/10. It lives up to its "Flawless Finish" name but only for a short while, the semi-matte texture proves soft and malleable on the skin making it easy to blend in. However, the only down side would be that it doesn't last as long as I'd hoped, but with the help of a primer it lasts slightly longer.
Being the shop-o-holic I am, I have bought 2 more foundations in the last week since purchasing this....oops. However, I frequently vary my foundations and can happily say that E.L.F.'s Flawless Finish Foundation is one of my top three foundations at the moment. 

Hope you enjoyed this review, let me know if you'd like to see more! 

Stay beautiful,

Bethany 

Xxx

bethanyemerton

No comments:

Post a Comment