Friday Fashion Fix

Hello, once again it's Friday Fashion Fix so get those fashion tastebuds at the ready to indulge in some more up-to-date style secrets hot off the press. 
This week I'm going to focus on trends for this winter and what's been emerging in all high street shops recently.  

Firstly to one of my favourite prints and a print that anyone call pull off, and that is......tartan!

Originating from Scotland, the print 'tartan' has been dormant for many years in the fashion industry. This winter it makes it's big come back as seen in catwalks such as Versace and Christian Dior to name but a few. Be careful when revisiting this decades-old fashion obsession and remember not to go too crazy with this 80's punk print.  

My most recent tartan purchase is a very cute and girly Peter Pan collared, tartan pinafore shaped dress from Primark and a steal at only £15. 


I love wearing this as it reminds me of a posh private school uniform, especially with the black bow at the joining of the collars. I wear this with black tights, black velvet slippers, black leather jacket and a fur Russian style hat. Probably one of my favourite outfits from this year!

Second trend that I've noticed arising this winter is short a-line skirts. Skirts had a moment in the summer when everyone was concerned about the length of the hemline, but the half way up the thigh length has come out strong. These typical suit length skirts can be paired with a cute fluffy jumper (one of my personal faves) or even a smart top and some black tights. 
My previous skirt purchases - particularly short ones have been somewhat of a mystery and I cant even remember the last time I bought a skirt. However this winter I'm loving the fact that skirts are in and I treated myself to two recently. 
They're both from boohoo and are black leather look. 
The first one below is quilted and looks almost like a wrap around skirt with a small cut out on the right side. It's the longer of the two and is one I'd probably wear to a more formal occasion rather than every day. 


The second one is a lot shorter and of a thicker quality. It has a zip at the side and two zips on the left hand side for detail. Like stated before I wear this with black tights and a fluffy jumper tucked in. 



The third and final trend this winter is a trend that's been apparent for about most of the year now but is a trend that I swear by! What I'm talking about is the very outfit enhancing, statement necklace. 
These were a big thing this summer and make any plain tee look a million dollars. I love wearing these over plain coloured jumpers to add that much needed block of colour or hint of sparkle. 

Below are my small yet useful collection of necklaces which I've bought from various high street shops including Primark and H&M. These transform any basic outfit and can really pull a look together even though it's really only a simple bit of jewellery.  


So that's its for Friday Fashion Fix for today, please stay tuned for more posts and next weeks Friday Fashion Fix. 

Stay beautiful 

Bethany 

Xxx

bethanyemerton

No comments:

Post a Comment